Welcome Forums For Sale, Wanted or to Hire Wanted In-pig Sows/Gilts Wanted

This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  GOS 27th February 2007 at 9:02 pm.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

GOS
    Participant

we’re looking for a few good quality in-pig sows/gilts that are of show standard and served by a quality boar (we have some aspiring young handlers who would like to show).

Prepared to pay good money and travle for the right pigs. If you can help please ring 07917 573311

Many thanks
    Woodhayes

GOS
    Participant

Hi Woodhayes

Could you post details of where you are, I know are willing to travel, but hopefully someone close by will be able to help.

James

James Tucker
    Stowmarket
    Suffolk

GOS
    Participant

We’re in Buckinghamshire, close to both the Hertfordshire & Oxfordshire borders. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help.

Woodhayes

GOS
    Participant

I have 3 in-pig show stock sows, 1 of which I have shown. I am in Bedfordshire and am used to showing up against Carol knights.

Shane Durham
    079610 167068

GOS
    Participant

We are in Shropshire, have you found your sows yet, if not and not too far please give us a call

Steve or Lynne Scott
    07786 167068

GOS
    Participant

I have 2 sows available. One in-pig (2nd at Hatfield 06 as a sow, winner of classes as a gilt) 1 sow soon to be wened and put back to the boar for July litter was half of a pairs team to win at Stafford 06.

Stephen Booth
    0161 928 2143

GOS
    Participant

Hi Stephen

Thank you for replying. We think we have now found some sows that are a bit closer to home. I would like to ask, however, whether you would have a junior Patrick boar available or would know of anyone who does?

Thanks
    Woodhayes

GOS
    Participant

I have two Dolly sows for sale, one is due 17th March to Kilcot Rufus, and the other is her daughter due April 7th to the same boar. Although I haven’t shown either of them, the older sow has produced prize-winning pigs that were very successful last year at some of the major shows, shown by Sharon Barnfield. I am about 20 minutes from the Severn Bridge.

Jane Smith, Usk

GOS
    Participant

I have a Patrick boar but he is Sept born and part of 2007 show team. Doubt you would want to wait for him but it’s up to you.

Stephen Booth

GOS
    Participant

Yes, we could be interested in your Patrick boar and could be prepared to wait. When will he finish the show circuit? Which shows is he going to…. we might be able to pop along and see him.

Woodhayes

GOS
    Participant

He is possibly going to Newark…Stafford…The Royal…Gt Yorkshire… Lancashire… Hatfield and poss odd 1 day shows. It just depends on classes etc. Due to age he is not likely to get a poy place so if that were the case would prob let him go after the Gt Yorkshire mid July.

Stephen Booth

GOS
    Participant

Good luck!

Hopefully we’ll get to a couple of those at least. We’ll come and say hello and have a look at him

Woodhayes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.