For Sale, Wanted or to Hire Wanted WANTED YOUNG BOAR IN SHROPSHIRE AREA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, has anyone got a Boar for sale in the shropshire area, 2 young girls await a handsome gos boar.But he must not be a patrick bloodline, due to there sire being a patrick boar.
    any offers please email me. phinscrs1@aol.com

#6628 Reply
    pippaspigs
    Participant

Have you tried the Earl of Plymouth Estate in Ludlow. They also breed GOS and may have a boar for sale. Their number is 01584 856239. Unfortunately, I only have weaners at the moment.

Regards

Mark

#6695 Reply
    Anonymous

We have got a nice 6 month old sambo boar, we are in s shropshire just outside bridgenorth if your still looking 01299 861127

#6773 Reply
    Anonymous

Sorry, i have not replyed. But had a bereafment[xx(] over xmas and have been busy with new piglets.
    Yes Still interested in a Boar but it cannot be a Sambo has both my girls have a Sambo Sire.
    So any still available pleaselet me know.
    Thanks
    Ann[:)]

#6776 Reply
    stephen booth
    Participant

A young man called Ben Pimlott is not too far away from you.He has the Patrick bloodline. Though not a Club memeber ,he is a member of the BPA , and you should be able to contact him via their website

#6777 Reply
    GOS
    Participant

A couple of points – before Ben comes on line, he is a member of the Club!

Secondly, don’t necessarily dismiss the idea of using another Sambo. If they are not closely related, there’s no real reason not to if you haven’t opted for cyclic breeding/naming. Use the BPA on-line Herd Book facility to compare the pedigrees. If there’s nothing significantly the same over four generations, you should be OK.

#6778 Reply
    Anonymous

MANY THANKS, I WILL TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT IS AVALABLE. Would you all advise Is it a good idea to have a boar of our own, Has we are new to pigs and breeding,Or would it be best to hire one or AI??
    Thanks
    Ann

#6781 Reply
    High Green Farm
    Participant

See other post in other section. Would go for hire or buy, rather than AI. Or see if there is someone local to you who like to share.

James Tucker
    High Green Farm
    Suffolk

#6850 Reply
    pippaspigs
    Participant

Ann,
    I have a rufus boar you can hire. 18 months old and a fantastic nature.
    Mark

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: WANTED YOUNG BOAR IN SHROPSHIRE AREA
Your information:

2 + 8 =