Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Georgina
    Participant

I am looking for an in pig gilt to add to our herd. We already have Josephine and Princess sows so would like a different family line if possible. We are based near Ipswich and would prefer to only have to travel up to about an hour away.

If anyone has anything suitable please email GeorginaMatthews@oakhousefarm.freeserve.co.uk

or telephone 01474 740 877

Georgina

#7460 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Wrong telephone number on my post and it won’t let me edit it. The number should read 01473 730 877

Georgina

#7478 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Still looking for an in pig gilt but would consider gilts that are ready to put with the boar. If anyone has anything suitable within a reasonable distance of Ipswich please let me know. Am looking for something other than Josephine or Princess

Georgina

#7479 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi georgina, I am based at Grantham, Lincs and have a 10 month old gilt bred from a Bluebell X Sambo. She has been mated recenly to a Gerald Boar, will be due in July.

Best Regards Sylvia..

#7482 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

I am afraid that you are a bit too far away from us. We would prefer something a little closer

Georgina

#7489 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Have not had any luck locating a gilt so would consider an older sow but must be in pig. Would like a different family to Josephine and Princess. If anyone has anything please email GeorginaMatthews@oakhousefarm.freeserve.co.uk or phone 01473 730 877

Thanks

Georgina

#7509 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Still looking if anyone has anything then let me know

Georgina

#7510 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi, Georgina, can’t help as am very far away, but just wanted to say sorry you are still struggling to find a pig! I well know the frustrations in trying to deal at long range, but hang in there….

#7515 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Thanks for that. It is very frustrating that no one seems to have anything in or area but will keep looking. In the meantime will have to think about keeping some of our own weaners but this is a longer tern investment as they need to grow then be put with the boar and farrow and then the piglets need to grow etc etc. Our pigs are beginning to get a bit old and so we will need some new stock once the old girls have to go.

If anyone know of an in pig sow or gilt then please let me know.

Georgina

#7519 Reply
    Anonymous

also want to add the apologies, it’s a nightmare isn’t it, the one we’ve found hard to source here is boar’s, because most get sent off for the chop even when excellent breeding guy’s we’ve had a nightmare of a time finding one big enough to cover our girlies when our other one died, thanks to the reg’s couldn’t take them to be covered, not sure my heart could take trying to load them in a trailer neither mind [8D]

we hit the jackpot with our boy off Jeff Wild, mum and dad champions, got him so lucky, a week later and we’d not have got him, it was just an offchance ring, didn’t think he’d have one, how’s that for fate!! LOL

good luck with the search [:D]

#7555 Reply
    Georgina
    Participant

Thanks for the messages.

Does not seem like there is a lot available in the suffolk area as we are still looking to increase the herd having not found anything yet.

We are still looking for an in pig sow or gilt if anyone knows of anything

Georgina

#7556 Reply
    GOS
    Participant

Georgina

Suggest you phone round those listed under ‘our members’ (under The Club tab above) in the East Anglia region – not all of them use the internet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: In pig gilt
Your information:

8 + 2 =