Welcome Frequently Asked Questions Rules and Regulations New Food Hygiene Regulations

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  High Green Farm 1st April 2010 at 11:18 am.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

GOS
    Participant

Are You Registered?
    Every pig producer must register with DEFRA as a user of feed under the Food Hygiene Regulations. Make sure your records are up-to-date to comply with the assurance schemes.

Many producers find they are non-compliant when they have their annual inspection. But registration does not take long – it is handled by your Local Authority.

If you mix your own feed and include additives you should already be registered. If you use bought-in compound feeds, and have not already done so, you will need to send a statement of compliance to your Local Authority. Full guidance and a template form is available at http://www.assuredpigs.co.uk

Information supplied by BPEX

Anonymous

Can’t seem to find the info. you refer to at that website nor on the DEFRA site.
    Can you give more information please.

fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

The assured website is about the red tractor certification and quality assurance. Don’t think its the right site, would have thought would be trading standards or defra!?
    I too cannot find about registering as using feed either!!

High Green Farm
    Participant

Try this link…from the assuredpigs website

http://www.assuredpigs.co.uk/sources/4000502/4001918/4036471/2007_Nov_Feed_Hygiene_for_Farmers_v4.doc?id=4036471&noframe

James Tucker
    High Green Farm
    Suffolk

Anonymous

Thank’s James that seems to be the right link.
    It looks like a “Rubber Stamp” job, but I know there are many pig Keepers wo did not know about this.

Anonymous

the link isn’t opening right for me, is there anyone who can post up the thing by copying and pasting it here, the TS officer didn’t mention it last year mind though did take a sample of feed?

fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

Ah Well done James, its knowing where to look.
    Defo a rubber stamp job, yet more red tape for us beleagured stock keepers, just had a pallet of feed delivered at 8.15 this morning. Another excel spreadsheet awaits to be filled in!!!![}:)]

High Green Farm
    Participant

quote:

[i]Originally posted by CarrHallPigs[/i]
    [br]the link isn’t opening right for me, is there anyone who can post up the thing by copying and pasting it here, the TS officer didn’t mention it last year mind though did take a sample of feed?

As it’s a word document with tables and boxes etc, that’s not really possible.

Try this slightly different link, and if not then I’ll see what else can be done.

http://www.assuredpigs.co.uk/sources/4000502/4001918/4036471/2007_Nov_Feed_Hygiene_for_Farmers_v4.doc?id=4036471

James Tucker
    High Green Farm
    Suffolk

Anonymous

ok thanks, it opens it but it’s putting the boxes on top of the actual words so can’t read what it says properly, especially at the top, no idea why, tried playing around with it!

tis weird how TS didn’t mention it last year, unless when filled all in for the herdmark they sent something, no idea what filled in now was that much! [8)]

stephen booth
    Participant

My own local authority took up this EU registering policy 2 years ago.so it seems others are now catching up.At the end of the day its a piece of paper to keep and an inspection every 12 months for you to be monitored as doing what you have said on the origonal forms. Like most things if you have nothing to hide , and abide by the rules there are no problems with the whole thing.[:o)]

High Green Farm
    Participant

May be the way that word or your browser is showing it.

May be best to right mouse click the link, and then “Save Target As”

Open in Word and then try selecting View, Print Layout from the menus….my guess it is showing it in reading format.

Sorry if I am teaching you how to suck eggs….

James Tucker
    High Green Farm
    Suffolk

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Rules and Regulations’ is closed to new topics and replies.