For Sale, Wanted or to Hire For Sale GOS Gilts for sale West Country

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I bought three birth notified Gloucetser Old Spots as weaners fully intending them to becoming pork. But the three trotter girls ( Marlene, Cassandra and Racquel ) are so lovely they deserve a chance of some life. We realise now if we were intent on eating them we should have bought cheap cross breeds and probably boys. They are now nearly six months old and I think weigh something in the region of 180 pounds. They cost me £65 each when I bought them as weaners and have cost an awful lot to get to their present weight. At the monent they are getting through a bag of nuts every five or six days. Im not after making a profit. It has been a real pleasure to bring them on but I would like to recoup some of my money. If anyone is interested in them please let me know. Tel. 01288 321075 Many thanks – Richard.

#7953 Reply
    stephen booth
    Participant

It is not likely the gilts you have will be suitable for breeding.When a breeder sells weaners , and the purchaser asks for specific purposes (in your case for eating) the selection of breeding quality is determined at that point. Bad teats, dummy teats , twisted leg……any number of faults may be carried by your pigs . That is the reason they would have been sold to go into the food chain.
    You could always ask the breeder if such selection took place , and if not too far from you to look at the pigs with a critical eye as to their breeding quality. You must also remember the only person who can Pedigree register the gilts is the origonal owner/breeder and not yourself.
    If you sell the gilts for breeding as they are at the moment they are pigs…..not Gloucestershire Old Spot Pedigree pigs.

#7987 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi, Do you still have the girls for sale? how much are you wanting for them? Also which area are you? if your not too far we could come and have a look.

#7998 Reply
    Anonymous

They are £140 each or offer and we are located in Bude Cornwall regards – Richard

quote:

[i]Originally posted by dannidub2000[/i]
    [br]Hi, Do you still have the girls for sale? how much are you wanting for them? Also which area are you? if your not too far we could come and have a look.

#7999 Reply
    Anonymous

Ah, a little too far for us. Sorry. [:(]
    Would be anice drive for the spring/summer..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: GOS Gilts for sale West Country
Your information:

+ 66 = 75