For Sale, Wanted or to Hire Wanted Sow – Ideally Ellen or Bluebell

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m looking for another Sow, ideally Bluebell or Ellen, but would consider anything other than Princess Joan or Princess. Would happily wait until September/October time if something is due to be weaned around that time. Preferably from somewhere in the south end of Wales, unless delivery can be arranged from elsewhere.
    Appreciate email in first instance: faithmead@websdc.com
    Many thanks.

#9813 Reply
    GOS
    Participant

Nothing like forward planning! Don’t forget the GOS Show & sale at Cirencester in Aug where there will hopefully be a selection to choose from. Catalogues should be available from the Voyce Pullin website much closer to the event.

#9815 Reply
    Anonymous

Oh yes, I’d forgotten about the Show/Sale. Never managed to get there as yet – but am hoping to make it this year. I’ll have to see if I can find out the date……and book it into the Diary [:)]

#9817 Reply
    GOS
    Participant

It’s Sat 6th Aug and it’s on your Year Planner!

#9818 Reply
    Anonymous

So it is [:D]

#9819 Reply
    Anonymous

Blinkers, we’ll have a young Bluebell sow that we’re selling, she’s due to farrow (hopefully!) so we’ve taken her off sale as don’t want to upset her but she’ll be weaned off in a few months and then can be re-covered by our chap if required, she’s a lovely girl, this is her second litter, we’ve reared her from weaning, she comes to call and is really easy to move around [:)]

am saying hopefully due to farrow as we had a nightmare time of 6 farrowing at once and we lost track, she is in pig though, she was scanned in pig and she’s getting a bag on her now so it’s closer [:)]

we never intended to keep her…but you know how it goes, you get attached, you’re welcome to come view her or I can send some piccies over to you via email! [:D]

we’re in Belper, Derbyshire [:)]

#9821 Reply
    Anonymous

Hi CarrHallPigs – she sounds ideal…..only trouble is, you’re too far away from us. It would be at least a 10 hr round trip with the trailer and we just can’t be away from the farm for that long as there are a lot of animals to feed….and milk! Thanks anyway.

Having said that – there is an option that if someone is willing to deliver….we do have a little Holiday Annexe that the seller would be more than welcome to use overnight [:D].

#9900 Reply
    Anonymous

Still lookin’ [:)]

#9904 Reply
    Anonymous

ahh I see, sorry, we’ve got the same problem of can’t be away overnight to deliver one, shame, she had 9 fantastic piglets too and will go back to the same boar! [:D]

good luck with the search [:)]

#9907 Reply
    Anonymous

Where are you based again Blinkers ?

#9910 Reply
    Anonymous

Carms/Pembs border – South West Wales…..so about as far West as I can be [8D][8D]

#9915 Reply
    Anonymous

Oh crickey, Royal welsh will be nearest i get to there. lol.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Sow – Ideally Ellen or Bluebell
Your information:

6 + 3 =