For Sale, Wanted or to Hire Wanted Young GOS boar North East

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

I have been contacted by a lady looking for a young pedigree GOS boar ideally one of last years July’s. Unfortunately i have nothing available. She is located in the York area and has two Star Antoinette gilts. Parentage is Stowe Rufus/Turpit Star Antoinette. If anyone can help please let me know and i will put you in touch.
    many thanks

#10615 Reply
    Anonymous

we’ve got one that may suit, a Patrick/Bluebell, last year’s June’s I think though from memory (had a few at same time but am sure he’s around then!), nice well grown chap, looks like his sire already whom you’ve seen so know he’s a good traditional sort, fully registered too as we’ve used him ourselves on one of our sows, friendly, does the job though, like his dad he doesn’t give up without getting nasty [;)][:D]

#10616 Reply
    Anonymous

yep checked on BPA, born 5th June last year [:)]

#10619 Reply
    fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

Thanks Mel will pass on details. Don’t know if they’ll want to travel as far as you (unlike me[:D]) some people expect to find good pigs literally on their doorstep and then complain when they turn out to be related!
    Mandy [:)]

#10624 Reply
    Anonymous

yep, know the feeling Mandy that’s for sure – as well as the related shock too [;)][:D]

#10631 Reply
    Anonymous

thanks mandy i have found a boar and i am going to collect him in three weeks i will travel any ware for a boar.

#10632 Reply
    fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you’ve got sorted Keith and joined the GOS website it does make life easier when you’re looking for stock if you’re prepared to travel though as i’ve mentioned some just won’t. I myself have been to Essex, Derby, Penrith & Manchester to collect stock before from here in North Yorkshire but you’d be surprised how many wouldn’t do that kind of mileage. Hope you have great succes with your gilts. If can be anymore help let me know.
    All the best Mandy[:)]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Young GOS boar North East
Your information:

2 + 8 =