For Sale, Wanted or to Hire Wanted wanted GOS piglets

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

hello just started up and I wonting some piglets to buy in January so I can show and breed off them in july. I am looking for 3 gilts to get me going is there any one who can help me? I am near skipton and Lancaster happy to travel. thanks a lot james

#15251 Reply
    carl whiting
    Participant

Hi james
    I have a litter of 8 that are being weaned on 2nd January I have 3 gilts among them they have a great pedigree the sire is a little owls sambo and the sow is a Buttsfarm bluebell921 , like I said top pedigree I am based in s, glos I could send some pictures if you let me know you number my number is 07799381139
    Regards carl

#15252 Reply
    Anonymous

Hello or right ok could you send me some pictures please of them thanks Carl my number is 07588677262 cheers James

#15253 Reply
    fowgillfarm
    Keymaster

James i’m a little concerned about you buying piglets to show nxt yeat & then bred from in july:O theyll be too young
    Show pigs are usually born in jan july or september so if you want to breed next year you need to buy pigs born this summer not piglets
    Gilts imo need to be at least ten months old when they go to the boar so either yyou got confused or you need a bit more guidance i’m near northallerton if you want to visit or chat details on contacts page
    Hth

#15254 Reply
    Anonymous

I yeah that be great thanks if I could come up is any weekend ok? Do you have any pigs for sale that I could buy? Thanks James

#15255 Reply
    Anonymous

Have you got a number I could give you ring on?

#15267 Reply
    piggy whit
    Participant

HI,james,
    Your welcome to come and visit us ,were just near harrogate so not far from you. You can come and look round our show pigs and any advice u need we can give you.I have a lot of sows due to farrow in january which if you were wanting to show next year they need to be born in january ,July or September.So to start you off youd be better with a couple of january gilts then progress from there.
    Many Thank
    Sarah Whitley
    Birchfield herd

s.whitley

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: wanted GOS piglets
Your information:

58 + = 61