The GOSPBC was established in 1990 to promote the breed and help breeders. With members in the UK and overseas, it is very proactive in fulfilling its objectives. The club is managed by an elected committee and has a full constitution with regular AGMs.
One of the main ways of communicating with our members and the wider public is via this website which was relaunched with improvements in 2013.
A Forum for all those interested in GOS pigs was launched in September 2005 and has been hugely successful. Many areas are open to non-member viewing including ‘Frequently Asked Questions and ‘Marketplace’. The Marketplace has also proved to be a fantastic free service for Club members to buy and sell GOS pigs – it works!
Since this website was first launched in the 1990s, we have developed and improved it with new features and information to help members and visitors alike. We shall continue to do everything we can to make it the most effective information centre available. Suggestions for improvements or features for the website are most welcome – please email email@example.com or if you are a member add your suggestions to the relevant Forum pages.
As well as the website, the Club also undertakes the following:
- Publication of its quarterly newsletter, Spot Press , featuring news, views and advice**.
- Organisation of social events countrywide to bring members together.
- Organisation of the Southern and Northern England championships.
- Presentation of special awards at over 30 different agricultural shows in Britain.
- Practical organisation of the annual Champion of Champions’ competition.
- Advertising in selected journals promoting the breed.
- Publication of leaflets about the breed, available on request.
- Publicity through PR in the national and local media.
- Free advice to members on practical matters.
- Occasional practical workshops to help members.
- The Annual Show and Sale.
- Obtained Traditional Speciality Guaranteed status for GOS produce and now inspects and approves the right to use the logo by breeders and retailers.
- Lobbies government and other bodies to limit mis-use of the GOS name on food labels, advertising etc.
- NEW!: Join online (using Paypal) by clicking here.
Download a form here to join by post GOSPBC JOIN THE CLUB FORM
- .**Special Offer Elect to receive Spot Press electronically by e-mail (Adobe Acrobat format) and we’ll reduce your annual subscription by £5.00!